Friday 27 February 2009

Presentation...

Salam wbt...

Last Tuesday was the last day of SSC block 3.. So, as usual, ade la assesment... We were asked to prepare a 10 mins presentation on any interesting topic.... And I decided to present on Obstetric Management for Sickle Cell and Thal patients...

I have prepared a presentation on Prenatal Diagnosis a week before the deadline but then decided to change it into Obstetric Management... Since we had an exam on Monday, I didn'n do any preparation for the presentation and decided to do it on Monday night.. I brought all the journals and articles with me to lectures on Monday... Owh yeah.. Ingatkan after exam bleh la buat kerja.. But we had lectures all day long.... So, I read tru the journals during lunch time...

After lectures (5pm), we went to town to get cookies and dinner.. haha... Sebab exam susah bangat... So, nak sedapkan hati.. Then, we headed to Student Union for the 2nd AGM... The line nak masuk Great Hall panjang gle2... Smpai Cathays train station... Maybe sume org nak tgk ape yg kecoh sgt pasal AGM tu... But we were there for a different reason.. We were there on behalf of healthcare students.. Rasa mcm pejuang lak time g AGM tu.. haha... Basically, heatlhcare students (Medics, Dentists, Nurses, OTs and etc) are not happy with the way union is treating and managing us... Well, I have no idea pun ape yg tak puas hati sgt... But kesimpulannya disebabkan oleh healthcare nye campus dekat Heath while the others dekat Park Place... So, yeah... We were in the meeting... Because some people worked really2 hard for this motion, so we decided to support them.. hehe...

So, yeah... The motion passed... Like 99% kot voted for the motion.. ye la.. yg dlm hall tu majority healthcare students... AGM yg agak berat sebelah... but, who cares... we healthcare students made an effort to be there and beratur smpai dekat 30min nak masuk hall....

After the AGM, ingat nak blk rumah trus n siapkan presentation.. But, singgah Cambrian Point kejap.. Ingatkan kejap.. Tgk2 lama.. haha.. Smpai rumah dah kul 11.30pm... Baru kelam kabut buat presentation and prepare the text.... And yeah !! I did it... Went to bed at around 2am..

The next day, woke up really2 early...tak leh tdo nye pasal.. ade kupu2 dlm perut.... So, practise la sorang2 depan cermin.. beckp kat depan cermin mcm org tak betul... As soon as I got to the seminar room, Dr. Alison May said one of the consultants (Dr. Bashi) will only be able to make it at 10.00 am... Ade clinics... so, we went to the cafe.... And I got this very bad panic attack.. Not only me.. but all of us.. Didn't expect Dr Bashi to join us.. Sah2 dia consultant and rasa presentation ktorg mcm murahan gle.. Plus, he can easily ask us difficult questions...

Around 10.oo am, we headed back to the seminar room.. He's still not there... Dr. Alison said might just start first then he can join us later... Fran presented 1st and I went 2nd.. Sengaja nak present awal2 bg Dr. Bashi tak sempat tgk mine.. hahaha.. YES !! did it...

And guess what ??? They found my presentation interesting... And Dr. Alison said something to me :

Dr. A : It seems that u have an interest in O&G... So, do u want to be an O&G then ??
H : Yes.. Most probably... :)
Dr. A : You are gonna make a great O&G... :)

InsyaAllah... hehe.. So, no more SSC after this.. I'm gonna miss it.. haha.. I enjoyed my SSC very much and I'm glad that I got this topic.....

Tahukah anda.... 1 in 3o malaysians has Thalasaemia... Scary kan ?? I almost wanted to have a blood test tau.. In case I'm a carrier... haha..

Hugs and kisses to everybody at home... :)

-niyah-

1 comment:

Hafizah said...

wowwee junior juice. so who's the nerd now? the neverending argument. haha. nak cookies jugak!