Tuesday 21 June 2011

Gumbira di ACM...

I'm loving it.. Have to write this down before I totally forgot about today.. I'm feeling so high.. over the moon.. can't stop smiling !!!!

Started acute care module yesterday.. Every morning, we'll go to theatre for some anaesthetic experience... OMG !!! Feels like screaming..

This morning, I was supposed to be with this scary lady anaesthetist.. But then, Dr. R came to OT 3 and just asked me to follow him, leaving my partner behind.. I was thinking, why me ? have I done anything wrong ? but then, apparently, he had no student with him.. And I had the most productive day today ! YEAY ! Senyum sampai telinga !!

So, firstly, he asked me to mix some drugs ! I was a bit shocked and lost la at that time.. And then, he asked me to do it step by step.. So, wallaaa.... I got the co-amoxiclav ready for the IV injection.. And then, he asked me whether I have done venflons or not before, and dgn malu2 kucingnya, I said yes... So, he asked me to do the venflon on that patient.. Mmg time ni muka pucat gila sebab tgh panic and mcm shocked to the system.. tak expect nak wat ape2 pun ari ni.. Had to insert a green venflon.. quite big.. sebelum ni penah buat pink and blue je... And yeay ! I got it in...

And then he asked me whether I have intubated a patient before... And cuak gle time tu.. And I said only on dummies... and guess what he said ? "It's your lucky day as the patient has no front teeth".. I was like, what ???? Yes.. Sebab kalo tak de gigi depan kurang la risk nak hancurkan gigi patient.. kalo ade gigi consultant lg prefer buat sendiri...

And then, after dia dah inject propofol... he asked me to insert the oropharyngeal airway...



And then had to bg oxygen to the patient guna mask... just realised how difficult it is to hold the mask and did jaw trust and head tilt.. Mmg sakit tgn smpai terketar but buat2 berani and asik ckp I'm fine dekat consultant.. haha... Mmg menggunakan biceps and triceps.. First few minutes, he kept on saying, u got leakage there.. Sampai dah O2 sats naik 100% baru rasa lega sket.. Lepas tu, came the big thing, intubate !! And I did it.. yeay ! but obviously consultant was there and if I did not do it properly, he would take over la kan..



For the 2nd patient, I mixed the drugs jugak.. Antibiotics je la pun.. And then, he asked me to do the venflon eventho it's a difficult one.. Sebab veins dia agak fragile and kecik2.. And said, i'm only allowed one chance and kalo tak lepas, dia akan buat sendiri.. So, i tried using a pink one which is smaller.. and yeay, it's in... So, senyum smpai telinga la sebab dpt pujian... And this patient got spinal and bukan GA, so tgk je la.. And then, lepas tu, he taught me on how to do spinal and epidural... membazir harta NHS sebab byk gle needles and pack yg dia bukak utk ajar... Tried buat epidural dekat the consultant's hand as an imagination of the back.. don't worry.. didn't actually stab him...

It was a good day indeed and mmg high gle skang ni.. rasa nak buat anaesthetic pulak.. and it's my rezeki that he asked me to follow him sebab my partner had an awful day... :( But I have this feeling that it will all change from tommorow and I will end up having horrible days.. haha...

Muka pucat and panic gle the whole day because was given too much responsibility... So, kept on being asked whether I'm going to faint or not.. haha.. sah2 la tak.. setakat ni tak penah lg la pengsan dlm OT.. but then, sapa tak panic ble kena buat benda2 yg tak penah buat on the patient.. And then waktu I had to bag the patient, he kept on saying, u are breathing for the patient now.. so, do it properly..

And apparently, students are not covered for some procedures contohnya intubate and I was technically doing it without any insurance and tak covered... tu dia la ckp.. So, ape2 pun consultant la kena tanggungjawab...

Ok.. need to get back to reality... Mmg letih gila2.. hari2 start kul 8.. and then teaching kul 1 smpai 5... Mmg la hardcore gila..

No comments: