Thursday 18 March 2010

Kelas Bahasa....

After a long day (revising).. I think I need to write something to cheer myself up...

I have been teaching some of my friends Malay langguage lately... My regular students are Lizzie, Jen, Katie and Sanam....

Scene 1 : Meal at Nandos
L : What is chicken in Malay ?
H : AYAM
L : IAMS (ade cat food nye brand)
H : Nope.. AAAAYAM !!

Scene 2 : We went to Nandos for free chicken..
L : Free ayam...
H : Nope.. AYAM PERCUMA
J : Ayam tumor ?
H : (Geleng kepala)... PERCUMA

Scene 3 : In the kitchen...
L : You should teach us more
H : Ok.. MATA = eyes
L : Merthyr ??
H : MA TA And PIPI for cheeks...
L : PIPIs for two...
H : No... you dont put s for plural... Just double it.. MATA-MATA
L : Owh cool.. PIPI means 2 cheeks... and PI is one right ??
H : (Terlebih pandai la plak budak2 ni...) No, PIPI is for one...

Scene 4 : In the lounge...
H : Ok guys.. Say this... Husniyah cantik
L+K+J : Husniyah cantik !!
H : Thank you.... :)
J : What does that mean ?
H : Husniyah is preety !!! ngeh2...

And they started using the word cantik excessively now...

And yesterday.. went out for a meal at LILO's... I had chicken burger

L : We had ayam not percuma...
H : (Hurm.. macam mana nak translate eh ?? ) Ayam tak percuma ? Or ayam kena bayar ? or ayam kena beli ??

They said the next time they see my family, they are gonna say Husniyah cantik to mama to make mama happy.... hahahahaha....

Ok.. back to revision.. Seconday Hypertension... Wohhhooooo

1 comment:

Mama said...

Can't wait to see them