Saturday 29 January 2011

3 down...

Yes.. Alhamdulillah... 3 blocks down.. and 2 to go... Time flies right ?? So far I have done Psych, Paeds and O&G.... and I enjoyed paeds and O&G.... :))

InsyaAllah OSCE on Friday 4th Feb... 7 stations.. 3 O&G and 4 Psych... Why only 3 for O&G ?? Sebab dah buat satu station which is called long case time placement.. I had mine on Thursday.. and my consultant is too nice.. She told me my marks.. Alhamdulillah I passed that one with flying colours.. WHOPPP....

And guess what she said to me ?? You are going to make a really good O&Gist... :)))) Not going to brag more about it.. Not even telling the details.. But I'm glad she said that...

My last week of placement was the labour week... It was HARD work.. Lots of frustration and ups and downs.... It's just luck I think... We can't make people go into labour right ???

I did 8am-5pm on Monday and saw 3 c-sect and 1 vontuse.... Did 1pm-nights on Tuesday and all my patients who were in labour ended up having emergency c-sect... And wednesday came I got really upset because I haven't seen any normal vaginal delivery.. :(( Then, Thursday came.. more c-sections... And I did not bring any spare clothes to stay overnight.. or food... But 2 ladies got induced and I was determined to stay till I at least see one... And I did... But because they were primat (first baby) so it took them ages to fully dilate....

Came 9 pm still no sign of them pushing.. STRESSSSSS !!! and a patient got transferred from Caerphilly came in.. She was like 8cms... Went in to see her with the reg and team... and never thought that she would be giving birth for the next hour or so... Kan ?? So, went in to the next room to see my patient yg got induced tu.. And the 8cm lady started pushing and out came the baby... I was next door and missed the normal delivery !!!!!! ARGH !!!! The midwives and everybody looked at me.. everybody knows that I have been trying really hard to see on NVD... But still missed it... Termenitik sedikit air mata because I was so tired and geram...

And alhamdulillah.. Allah answered my prayers... My patient gave birth to 2 boys.. Twins... So, Allah gave me the best... Twins woooo... And all the doctors and midwives were glad that I saw that birth... yeay !!!!! And I got home at 12am that night...

I told the reg that I really2 like O&G... and he said to me... "Wellcome to the club !!" I guess everybody seems to be thinking that O&G suits me... Maybe.. We'll see.... InsyaAllah...

Ok.. need to get back to revision..

No comments: