Friday 9 October 2009

Paediatrics


Hallooooo ~

Finally it's Friday... Such a lonnnnngggg day... Guess what ?? My GP tutor kept us till 5.30 pm today... we took the 5.45 bus from penarth back to Cardiff and sampai rumah at 6.40...waaaaa.. what a day !!!!

But, that's not the main point of this post.... All this while I keep on thinking that I dont want to be a paediatrician... (sorry kalo salah spelling... tgh kalut)... Anyway... I always have this feeling that I wont be able to handle kids and they will not like me... but guess what ???? I like it now !!! I mean I do like kids before... I can be a cikgu tadika if I want...but not sick/ill kids... Itu semua sejarah.. hehe.. (perasan)....

Got my long case study patient yesterday (Acted as a doctor for 5 mins)... she is a 7 yr old girl with mouth ulcer... and KT said I was very good at taking her history... Basically the girl talked to me and felt very comfortable.. kembang semangkuk... ngeh2... And the patient's little sister tu asyik nangis ble tgk one of my colleagues... ngeh2.. but not me !! Yipee...

And today in GP practice, got 3 kids sekaligus with the daddy la of course... And PL asked me to be the doctor plak... since Jess got the earlier patient.. when he told me that patients (bear in mind more than one) are kids, I covered my face with my book.... I was like.. NOT AGAIN !!! I didnt have any choice did i ?? Luckily, it went well... And they asked me to consider paeds now.... It's still tooo early to decide... but i kind of like it ~ ngeh....

p/s : PT sat on a chair next to me while Jess was the doctor.. he knocked the book shelf behind us and guess what happened ??? Walllaaa.. Buku2 and photo frames jatuh atas student yg tak berdosa (me la of course)... All this while jess and I duduk situ tak penah satu accident pun berlaku... Ceh....

Missing the two kids.... But I dont think I can handle them as patients....

No comments: